Membership System Upgrade
Stage 2 of the Audax IT upgrade (membership processing) will go live shortly - the exact date will be confirmed on an update to this news item. The attached document gives a brief overview of the new functionality and the changes you will see, but the most important things to know are listed below.
The Essentials - NB this will be AFTER we have switched over!
- The (old) aukweb.net site will still be used for processing event entry and recording results. This will be replaced in stage 3 of the project. All membership functions (joining, renewing and updating your details) will transfer to the (new) audax.uk site
- Log into both sites by going to audax.uk and clicking on the login button. Direct login to aukweb.net will be disabled
- Log in using your e-mail rather than your membership number as your identifier. This will be the e-mail address that we currently have registered for you - you can change it later if you like. If you do not have an e-mail address registered, we will create a "dummy" address of the form <your membership number>@member.auk (e.g. email@example.com for member number 1000)
- Your password will be the same on the new site as on the old. If you change it, you will now be required to enter a password with 8 characters, one of which must be a number or "special" character (e.g. ! or £)
- To update your membership details, click on "My Account" (top right) and choose "My Details". There are also options on the "My Account" menu to update your subscription and add or remove household members
- If you have a Direct Debit or Standing Order, the details will be transferred and your membership will renew automatically.
- To enter an event, find the event on audax UK (choose a ride / calendar events or choose a ride / permanent events) select the event and click on "enter". If you have not yet logged in, you will be prompted to do so, and then directed to the entry form which will be completed with your details as usual
- To enter a DIY go to choose a ride / DIY events and click the appropriate button (to purchase a Brevet or submit your entry) - again you will be prompted to log in if you have not done so already.
- To purchase a Brevet for an ECE event, go to Choose a Ride / ECE Events, and click the "purchase Brevet" button - you will be prompted to log in if you have not already and then re-directed to the old site.
- To enter an ECE event, go to the detail page (Choose a Ride / calendar events) and click the "Extend Calendar Event"
- Note that the search facilities on the audax.uk calendar have been upgraded recently - you can now set the number of rides displayed per page, the "look-forward" period (in days) and can switch between a search between proximity to a postcode or proximity to a location (from a dropdown list of towns). Also, if you enter all or part of the ride name, start location or organiser (also the event number for permanents), the search will show rides that match. A map view of start locations is also available
- Organiser screens will still run from the old site. Organisers can access these pages by going to About Audax / Organisers and clicking the link near the top of the page
- After logging in to audax.uk you will be able to directly access the forum without needing to login separately.