Event Entry Terms and Conditions
Event Entry Terms
Events are run under Audax UK’s Regulations. It is your responsibility to familiarise yourself with those Regulations and with the further guidance and advice published on our website.
An Audax event is not a race or trial of speed. The route is on open public roads. You are required to follow the rules of the road and to show consideration to other road users.
The organiser provides no rescue service. You will need to be self-sufficient during the event. The route is not waymarked or marshalled. You should prepare by studying the route.
Entrants are strongly advised to ensure they have appropriate insurance cover in place for their cycling activities. Audax UK’s insurance policy only provides limited third party insurance to members and temporary members for the duration of the event and is subject to an excess of £250.
By entering an event, I declare and agree that:
- I agree to abide by Audax UK’s Regulations;
- I understand I am on a private excursion on the public highway and that I am responsible for my own safety and conduct;
- I am physically and mentally fit enough to take part in the event and I am competent to do so;
- I acknowledge the entry fee is not refundable or transferable if I withdraw from the event;
- I am over 18 or, if under 18, I will provide consent from my parent or guardian;
- I consent to details of any injuries I may suffer at the event being passed to the medical services and the General Secretary of Audax UK;
- The machine on which I shall participate shall be suitable and proper for the event and comply with the Road Traffic Acts;
- I accept that neither organiser nor Audax UK shall be liable to me for any injury, loss or damage of any nature to me or my property arising out of my participation in this event (other than in respect of death or personal injury to the extent it occurs as a result of their negligence); and
I will not take part in the event if I have symptoms relating to COVID-19 or am self-isolating, required to quarantine during the period of the event or if any local or other regulations prohibit me from attending.
Declaration specific to under-18 entries made by a parent or guardian:
If I make an entry on behalf of an under 18 year old who is part of my household I also declare that
- I am the child's parent or legal guardian;
- I give my consent for my child to enter the event;
- I will ensure that my child is aware of these Event Entry Terms and that the declaration above applies to my child;
- I am responsible for determining whether my child has the skills, equipment and fitness to participate in this event;
- It is my responsibility to familiarise my child with Audax UK Regulations and with the further guidance and advice published on our website;
Last updated 05/03/2022
The item has been added to your basketClick on the basket icon above to go to checkout