Entry fees to AUK events are usually very much lower than comparable commercial or charity events, because the organisers and their helpers are all volunteers giving freely of their time, and not expecting to make a surplus over the cost of the facilities they provide.
In order to continue to keep the fees as low as possible please take note of the following:
AUK Policy on Entry Fees
Whilst it is recognised that there are occasionally circumstances which prevent riders starting audax events they have entered, Audax UK policy has always been that entry fees are NOT REFUNDABLE and NOT TRANSFERABLE*.
There are a number of reasons for this:
- AUK events are not commercial events, they are organised by individual volunteers who give up their time freely and who set their entry fees at a level sufficient to cover their direct costs.
- The organiser’s costs are, for the most part, fixed and have to be paid upfront, Items such as hire of starting and control venues which are independent of the number of riders turning up on the day.
- Organisers will factor in to their event planning and budgeting a certain percentage of ‘no-shows’, and this will make the number of places offered as great as possible and keep the individual entry fees as low as possible.
As a result the entry form for all AUK events (whether signed in the paper version or submitted online) makes it clear that Entry Fees are not refundable.
It is therefore the responsibility of the rider to enter only those events that they expect to ride, and to be prepared to forfeit their entry fee if circumstances prevent them from doing so on the day.
AUK provides no mechanism that allows entry fees to be transferred from one rider to another, or from one event to another, although occasionally individual organisers may, under exceptional circumstances, be able to offer the latter.
Whilst it is polite to let the organiser know, as far in advance as possible, if you are unable to start an event which you have entered, this will not necessarily allow another rider to take your place as Organisers typically plan for a number of DNS (Did not Start).
Organisers receiving requests for refunds or to transfer an entry from one rider to another, just when they are at their busiest preparing for an event, may wish to simply send out a link to this page rather than engage in individual discussions.
It is only possible to enter an event directly with the organiser listed on the event page, using AUK authorised entry forms or systems. Anyone purporting to resell entries to events is doing so FRAUDULENTLY.
- attempt to transfer or resell an event entry
- encourage anyone to ride under a false name
- encourage anyone to just 'ride along' with the event without an entry
- attempt to reverse the payment of an entry fee
you risk being banned from future events.
* Note that under the Consumer Contracts Regulations (2013), there is no automatic right to a refund for distance (online or postal) purchase of event tickets, providing the event takes place as described.
The item has been added to your basketClick on the basket icon above to go to checkout